Tuesday, May 13, 2014

New Batsuit Revealed!!!


   Today, Zack Snyder tweeted this picture of Ben Affleck as the new Batman! If you go to one of my very old posts, you'll see my thoughts when Ben Affleck was first cast as the caped crusader for the sequel to Man of Steel which is tentatively called Batman vs Superman. A lot of people like that Affleck was cast, a lot of people don't. No matter who they would've chosen, there would still be debates whether it's a good choice or not and we can never know until this movie actually comes out. I was pretty skeptical but I really wanna see him do well in the role. Nonetheless, this is the internet, so there will ALWAYS be haters out there no matter who gets cast for whatever; I'd just like to think that these filmmakers know what they're doing..But I'll just start off by saying that this picture actually makes me feel a lot more confident about this movie.
    The batsuit looks very reminiscent of Frank Miller's Dark Knight Returns, which is one of the comics that the film is drawing inspiration from, as well as being a very awesome Batman story arc that any Batman comic fan should check out. This Batman is older and weathered by fighting crime, you can kinda see that the suit looks a little worn out, which I like. It actually also sorta reminds me of the suit from the Arkham video games, so that's cool. He also looks really built so kudos to Ben Affleck; that man has got the Batman body now. And I think this suits him well. I mean, some people might say that the ears on the cowl look too short, but that's keeping true to Dark Knight Returns and might even be more practical for Batman himself. He's in his 40's so maybe he's learned a thing or two. Also, we get a nice look at the batmobile in this picture, and although we don't see the whole thing, it looks pretty damn sweet from what we do see. Now there are fan's of the Tumbler from the Nolan series and fans of the batmobile from Tim Burton's movies, but I think this one kind of brings the best of both worlds: it looks like it's got the big tank-like structure but also retains the cool-looking visor-like windshield. This whole picture looks pretty epic and it kind of encapsulates the ideal that this Batman has been through a lot. Overall, it is a great picture, I am very glad we got it. I can't say it got me more hyped for this movie because I'm already at the maximum level wherein my only reason for continuing to live up to May 2016 is because this film will be released then. I cannot wait to see a new iteration of Batman on the big screen; a lot of people may have trouble getting used to it after being used to Bale's Batman but, hey, characters get rebooted all the time. The Dark Knight Trilogy is fantastic and it's its own condensed Batman epic. That being said, I am ready to see where the new Batman character goes in Batman vs Superman and absolutely cannot wait to get my ass in that theatre seat at midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment